Thursday, March 26, 2020

March 27, 2020


Special bows for today:
  • Please offer bows for Lisa McCrossen, Dainuri Rott’s niece, who is recovering from COVID-19
  • Please offer bows for Michael Tieri Ricaud, Dainuri Rott’s brother, who is suffering from MS
  • Please continue to offer bows for Jeff Ghazarian and his family; Jeff was a friend of Lilliana Mendez-Soto’s nephew; he died on March 19th at the age of 34 from COVID-19
  • Please continue to offer bows of well-being for Carmen Ibanez, Lidia Luna’s mother, who had a successful surgery yesterday for sciatica
  • Please continue to offer bows of well-being for Rev. Les Kaye, Misha’s Zen teacher, who is recovering from surgery on March 18th for bladder cancer
  • lease continue to offer bows of well-being for Brendan, Kate Haimson’s son, who is recovering from surgery on March 18th for a brain aneurism
  • Please continue to offer bows of well-being for Lilith Armitage, Shannon Bergman’s daughter who is recovering from knee surgery on March 17th 

 Our new ZHS on-line schedule (go to our website for more information: zenheartsangha.org):
  • ·        Mondays: 7-8:30pm - zazen, short service, lecture/discussion
  • ·        Tuesdays-Fridays: 5:30-6:10pm - zazen, offering of merit/bows
  • ·        Saturdays: 8:00-10:15am - zazen, short service, tea, discussion/study

  Wonderful links shared by sangha and friends:


The Dalai Lama’s Vow (after Shantideva, the Way of the bodhisattva)

With the wish to free all beings
I shall always go for refuge
To the buddha, Dharma, and Sangha,
Until I reach full enlightenment.

Enthused by wisdom and compassion
Today in the Buddha’s presence
I generate the mind for full awakening
For the benefit of all sentient beings.

As long as space remains,
As long as sentient beings remain,
Until then, may I too remain
And dispel the miseries of the world.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Many thanks to those of you who are sending links and making comments…it is a gift beyond measure. Please know that you can either leave a comment on the blog itself, or send something directly to me and I will be happy to paste it in.  Here is a quick video on how to comment; it's from 2017, but should work:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T4RflO5Wgg

______________________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. The Coffee Maker

    In twelve step programs when new people come in, they are always given the task of being the coffee maker. It took me awhile to understand why that was done.

    I finally realized that 1) it was to build up the muscle of consistantly showing up and also for that person to get out of themselves and do for other like our Practice teaches us.

    When I first got here, it seemed like every Monday evening I could usually think of much more important things to do than to go to our meeting, hence my attendance started to drop off.

    I then remembered the lesson of the Coffee Maker and decided that I had to do something that people could hold me accountable for and that I was helping others in some way.

    My answer was to sign up on the SignUpGenius for set-up every week that the calendar offered so that when Monday rolled around, people were counting on me to be there.

    I am so glad that I learned that lesson because the results of it have been a wonderful time learning about the practice and making dear friends.

    Bows,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete