Tuesday, May 12, 2020

May 13, 2020

I Bow to You, Anger
by Aaron DeNardo


I bow to you, Anger

I bow to the energy that holds you up
That feeds you
That makes you appear so strong

I bow to the jagged edge
That drags across my soul
And leaves me disemboweled and naked to the stars

I bow to the wounded little ones
Left crying in your humbling wake

I bow to you because you are real

I bow to you because you are not real

I bow to you with the deepest bow I can muster
After long years of practice
I have shown you my respect
Please
Won’t you bow back


__________________________________________________________________________

Our ZHS on-line schedule:  
  • Mondays: 7-8:30pm - zazen, short service, lecture/discussion
  • Tuesdays-Fridays: 5:30-6:10pm - zazen, offering of merit/bows
  • Saturdays: 8:00-10:15am - zazen, short service, tea, discussion/study
  • For more information: www.zenheartsangha.org)  
_________________________________________________________________________

Special bows for today: 
  • Please offer bows for all those in residence at Gordon Manor suffering from COVID-19
  • Please offer bows for Donald Kennedy, former president of Stanford University, who died from COVID-19
  • Please continue to offer bows for Nick Battaglia, Camille Spar's father, who died Aprill 13th 
  • Please continue to offer bows for the family of Alison Templeton, a PS parent, who died on April 1st 
  • Please continue to offer bows of well-being for:   
    • Marya Shahinian, who is recovering from surgery 
    • Claudio Pannunzio, dharma friend of Twining Vines Zendo, who is undergoing chemotherapy
    • Rev. Les Kaye, Misha’s Zen teacher, who is recovering at home while undergoing chemotherapy
    • Brendan, Kate Haimson’s son, who is recovering at home from surgery 
    • Michael Tieri Ricaud, Dainuri Rott’s brother, who is suffering from MS
____________________________________________________________________________________

Wonderful links shared by sangha members and friends:
__________________________________________________________________________________

Many thanks to those of you who are sending me articles to share, links to helpful information, and for making comments…it is a gift beyond measure. Please know that you can either leave a comment on the blog itself, or send something directly to me and I will be happy to paste it in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment