Monday, July 12, 2021

July 12

 Remembering Kobun Chino Roshi

 (from an old collection of anecdotes from Jikoji Zen Center): 

“I’m pretty sure—when one sit about 10 or 15 years on and off, without exceptions all become very intuitive and judgement of things are very correct. But social communication is
very poor.  Good example is here.  Sociality is almost zero.  Don’t know how to please people by word.  Always make people mad when I speak.  If I sit with you maybe 5 or 10 more years you will disappointed with me that I had nothing.  And finally I may sit alone.  No one come along.  That feels my way and my fate.  That’s alright.  Sociality is very very bad.  I’m not talking just myself.  Most of you are like that, too…I hear from many different people that people around are very nice people and kind, although most of them are very strange, everyone carry very crazy part.”  





______________________________________________________________________________

Special bows for today: 

  • Please continue to offer bows in honor of:
    • Enzo, the Sanchez/Luna family's dog who died on July 4th
    • John Witter, Kathleen Dickey's uncle who died on May 11, 2021
    • Shanti, Steven and Selora Lane's dog who died on May 2, 2021
  • Please continue to offer bows of well-being for: 
    • Dainuri Rott who has been operated on for a brain tumor
    • Les Kaye, who is finishing another round of chemotherapy
    • David Shaw, who is continuing the process of recovery from a stroke
__________________________________________________________________________


Wonderful links/recommendations shared by sangha members and friends:
_____________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment